Monday, July 9, 2007

more news...

the babies are continuing to do well, praise the Lord! we feel so completely blessed to have three precious daughters. they have graduated off of having IVs, which is one less cord to maneuver when holding them. plus the IVs had a tendency to go bad so they were always having to relocate them (Samantha at one point had one in her precious little head, which was not fun for me!). anyway, they are gaining back some of the weight they lost and Keegan has even graduated to an open crib because of her weight. the doctors are projecting another two weeks in the hospital. Keegan needs to feed from a bottle more than she is right now and Samantha and Maggie need to gain more weight before being able to come home. We appreciate every one's prayers as this back and forth stuff is already getting old fast. But the nurses have been wonderful to the girls and we are so thankful for that.


A highlight for me so far was getting to hold all three girls yesterday. It was incredible. As they were laying on my stomach, we could not get over the thought that all three of them were inside of me a week ago and actually fit in there. I feel so relieved to have them here and not still inside.


Here is a picture of Thad holding Keegan and Samantha tonight. What a Daddy!!! He is so good with his girls.

9 comments:

The Triezenberg Family said...

Thad and Michelle,

Congratulations! We are so excited for all five of you! Those girls are so darn cute....can't wait to meet them. I'll give you a call this week to set up times to bring meals in as you anticipate bringing the girls home!

The Triezenberg Family

Anonymous said...

What a cute picture!! I am glad to hear the girls are doing well and should be home in a couple weeks. Please let us know if you need anything. Congratulations again!! Love, Catrina & David

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable!! Glad to hear things continue to be going well for the girls. I'm sure it is getting "old" quick, but soon they will be home in their own cribs! Thanks for the updates & we'll continue to be praying for all of you:) Love, Amanda

Anonymous said...

Thad and Michelle,

I'm so happy for you guys! I was so shocked when you told me at graduation haha! Hey if you get a chance can you e-mail me your address I want to send you're girls something special at brunerjanetl@yahoo.com.

Janet

Anonymous said...

Thad and Michelle, I have been reading your blog for many weeks now since Amanda and Stephanie gave me the address and am just SO EXCITED for you! The girls are absolutely beautiful! Congratulations and best wishes for a speedy recovery for Michelle and a smooth adjustment when the babies come home.
Kerry

Unknown said...

Thad and Michelle!! im soo happy for you guys. those babygirls are beautiful and im soo glad your all doing well! uncle dan and aunt lynne and all of our fam is at camp right now and we were all lookin at your pics together. cant wait to meet these girls
love you both, Amanda Rea

FaithChristine said...

so wonderful! I dropped off a bag of diapers on your front steps this afternoon, delivered from Dan and Carrie's house. Hope you got them okay. love to you all!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you all, what a lovely "instant family" you have. The babies are so adorable, great job Michelle & Thad, & stock up on your sleep now, cos it will be in short supply very soon. Best wishes, Susan L

Anonymous said...

We're SO EXCITED for the new VanHaitsma family....I was bawling like a baby when I read the first posting. I think Nate even shed a few tears. :) Our prayers have been answered and the girls are just beautiful; I can't wait to see them all. We sent out an email about the news and to check the blog, and we've gotten several responses back saying to pass the congrats onto you guys. We love you so much and can't wait to talk with you when you've got more time.
Love, Nate and Jessa

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker