Saturday, July 14, 2007

family update

on tuesday of this week, i was experiencing a great deal of pain and called the doctor's office. they saw me and ended up admitting me back in the hospital with an infection in my uterus. they say it can be common with c-sections and the treatment is IV antibiotics. i was discharged from the hospital thursday night with oral antibiotics to continue to fight the infection. the pain is getting better but we would continue to ask for your prayers as i recover from the surgery. it has been a little more of a struggle than i thought it would be. i have high blood pressure from the preeclampsia, which the doctors are working on trying to control with medication. i lost a lot of blood during the surgery and my hemoglobin was low. they did not end up giving me a blood transfusion in hopes my body would just readjust and get back to normal. i am taking iron pills to help. i am pretty weak still and trying to recover while also wanting to make the trip to the hospital to see the girls. please pray for continued strength and recovery. and also, pray for Thad that he continues to feel strength from the Lord to handle all that has been going on. he is such a trooper and visits our girls before work, at lunch and then after work. it has helped knowing that he is at least there checking on them when i cannot. please pray for continued energy and health for him.

the great news is the girls are doing so well. keegan is most likely going to be coming home early this week sometime! they think samantha may not be far behind! and once maggie hears about her big sisters, we are sure she is going to be working on coming home too. she seems to be our little overachiever. we are so thankful for the girls and that they are doing well.
~ here are some recent pictures ~

we taught keegan to pray before her meals!


samantha weighed 4 pounds last night, which means she has graduated to an open crib!



maggie, sleeping peacefully!



10 comments:

kwitters said...

We will certainly keep praying. Thanks for sharing. The pictures are just precious to see. So glad to hear that the baby girls are well. We are pressing upon God for your health and strength for Thad.

Love, Kris, Adam and Sophie

Anonymous said...

The girls look AWESOME! I am thankful they are doing well and growing. Michelle, please take care of yourself; the girls are being well cared for now and need you to be physically stronger more when they come home. Trust God with the girls; He knows what you all need. All 5 of you continue to be in my prayers...PLEASE let me know if there is anything I can do.
Love to all, Liz

Anonymous said...

Michelle
Your girls are so beautiful. Thanks for the updated pictures. I will continue to pray for your speedy recover. We need you strong so you can chase your babies around when they get home :) I will also say some extra prayers for Thad. What a great husband!! Please let me know if you need anything.
Stephanie

Anonymous said...

How precious!! Keegan, Samantha & Maggie are certainly doing great! Now its time for mommy to take care of herself. I know its hard not being with them 24/7, but they are getting awesome care while their mommy is recovering & getting strength for when they come home:) We'll continue to pray for all of you & don't hesitate to call on us for ANYTHING! Love, Amanda & family

Triplet Mom said...

Oh honey! I'm so sorry to hear about your set back. I know God will take care of you though. It is so hard to not be able to go see the girls. I cried when I couldn't go see mine because my body couldn't do it. But it's more important for you to get yourself better & rest so when they come home you are ready to go!
Love, hugs, & prayers!
Stacey

the Denhams said...

Michelle, we continue to pray for your healing. I can relate to how you're feeling with the low energy after the births. Please give yourself time to heal and be patient. You don't really experience Patience until you really need to rely on it, and God! It took me several weeks to feel better. Remember that healing from a multiple pregnancy takes way longer to heal than for a woman who gives birth to a singleton.

I'm so eager for you to have at least one of your daughters home soon. The homecoming is so special-take lots of pictures! Each day a baby comes home is a huge celebration. Continue to pray for God's wisdom and healing. Ask for help Michelle, and don't worry about your house. Get sleep when you can, and eat until you're full. You need your energy. If people are willing to bring you meals, request easy-to-eat foods that are quick calories. Be sure to take special time with Thad too, to share how you're both feeling. This is a key time for you guys to stay connected to each other because so much is happening.

Your girls are beautiful-we love the hair. Take the time to study 30 little fingers, 30 toes, 3 noses, 3 mouths, 6 arms, 6 legs, 6 eyes...So many precious and perfect little parts (I hope I did all of the adding correctly!). This is truly a miracle Michelle!

We love the pictures and the updates. Whenever you get the time to continue to update us, we're eager to read it!
Becky

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I've been praying for you all during our vacation. We finally got internet access, in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan and I was able to read your great news! I will continue to pray for all of you. I'll see you in the office next week Thad.

WoolleyGirl said...

Sheller and Thad - We are praying for continued strength, and healing for you Michelle. These girls sure are amazing and it's truly incredible now how you cannot imagine life without them. They will consume your thoughts forever! I am so happy for you both to bring your girls home soon. I love the pictures. Those girls are beautiful. Miss you lots. Tara

Anonymous said...

The girls looks so precious. Thank you for taking time to keep us all updated. Michelle- make sure to take care of yourself and get better. Dave & I will continue to keep the family in our prayers. Please let us know if you need anything. Love, Catrina & Dave

Smashley said...

WOW THAD! Daddy x3! Congrats to you and Michelle! Jon told me about the babies and I got the link to the blog from an SBTDC email. They are beautiful, you both are so lucky. Also, congrats on graduating!

God bless!
Ashley Renkes

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker