Tuesday, May 6, 2008

today's walk

i was walking down the sidewalk with the girls this evening in the stroller pictured above, trying to unwind from a difficult day at the office, when i was interrupted by three people in front of a house:

lady #1: are they triplets?

me (thad): yes

lady #2: we see you all over the place!

me: (smile)

guy: how did you do it?

me: (thinking........thinking.......how do i answer this question?.......birds and the bees......anatomy lesson.....various hand gestures....super sperm.....spontaneously.......)

me: i don't know (as i walked off as as quickly as possible)

probably the worse response i could have come up with, but at that point i was desperate to get away from a longer conversation. please let me know if you have any good/funny/witty responses to this question so that i am better prepared the next time i am asked!

below is my favorite picture from this past saturday:

8 comments:

Triplet Mom said...

Simply reply..."How did you make your kids?"
There will be an awkward pause. Then say, "It was the same way."

KatieKate said...

oh my gah... I love that last photo! It's such a great 'sister' photo!

SOrry to have missed the dedication- we went to the late service and then ran an errand and then Ry began to lose her mind. We didn't want t o be a distraction. Everyone said it was absolutely lovely.

And that stroller is the 'beast' by friend with quads has! Awesome!

Brittany said...

Priceless...love the picture! :) Okay, are those bike seats on your stroller? If so, nice multi-purpose option! Very cool!!! And the canopy is my favorite. I'll take that stroller anyday. Hope to see you guys sometime this summer!

Anonymous said...

Seriously some people! I agree with triplet mom in that you should just start going into some detailed sex talk, that usually makes poeple feel uncomfortable & hopefully they'll just walk away:) Glad to see you're able to get out & about! It must be refreshing - minus the stupid people...unfortunately they're everywhere:) Love, Amanda

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a nice Mother's Day!!! See you this next weekend:)

Anonymous said...

This is Jessa...Happy Mother's Day, Michelle! Hope the big weekend went great with the dedication...wish we could be there and think about you all often. I headed back to work and am still trying to catch up! Last night Jack had his first night without waking up, so I'm pretty excited (even though I still woke up at least 4 times). :) Not many morels yet...the next 2 weeks are supposed to be good after it rains...love you guys and call us anytime!

The VanderPloeg's said...

Thad - we saw you on your walk last night in that fabulous stroller! we were headed to Wilcox park with our girls and max (the dog) let us know if you want us to take your dog sometime!

i know we don't know each other well - but we're your eastown neighbors - and we have some of the same friendsn - and see you guys around with the girls.

We promise not to ask any questions about the making of triplets. I have no whitty response - but'll keep you posted if I do!

Jo and Aaron VanderPloeg

esneller said...

Michelle - it was great catching up with you tonight! I love your blog and your girls look so adorable and happy.

I had to laugh at the comments you get while walking... I too fear car accidents when I have my crew out.

Congratulations on making it through your first RSV season. Hears to new found freedoms.

Elizabeth

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker