Wednesday, June 13, 2007

oh, the insomnia

i miss a good night's sleep. i am so tired but my body is protesting sleep; i cannot get or stay comfortable. since i am up, i thought i would update the blog on the doctor appointment yesterday. it went well and was informative. i failed 2 of the 4 glucose tests from the test last week, but the doctor does not want me to change anything like diet or take insulin or anything. she said it is likely just having a great deal of babies and placentas. she will watch the sugar level in my urine at each appointment. the appointments have now increased to TWICE a week. she said to consider the doctor's appointments my outings for the week . i go back on friday for another appointment and a non stress test.

i asked her to lay out the next 4 weeks for me and she said it is really just about watching me and the babies. if i developed blood pressure concerns or had contractions that were not controllable, they would talk about delivering the babies. otherwise, they are going to watch me for the next 4 weeks. i asked if all was well over the next 4 weeks if they would have me go longer and she said it is possible but that they would not go longer than 36 weeks. she seemed kind of skeptical that would happen. i have been so uncomfortable the past couple of days and i have a feeling my body is seriously going to object to another 6 weeks of this ~ but it is in God's hands. the latest discomfort is breathing. i can barely catch my breath. i am talking less and less because it takes so much out of me and i end up coughing. the doctor said once the babies deliver i will feel the pressure immediately resolved and will enjoy taking nice long deep breaths (she is the mom of twins and she said it was wonderful after her delivery)!

praise the Lord the babies are doing well. they looked great on the ultrasound and all the fluid levels are right where they should be. i just have to keep telling myself that i can do this ~ God will give me the strength to continue a few more weeks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Michelle,
Sorry to hear about the discomfort you are having. Thankful to hear the babies are doing well. You are in my prayers!
Much Love,
Lindsay
PS It was great to see you last Saturday:)

Anonymous said...

Hang in there girl(s)!! I can't even imagine the discomfort you're feeling. I had enough trouble breathing/sleeping with just one! But it will all be worth every minute of it...and to think you won't even remember the pain once the little bundles of joy arrive:) Love ya! Amanda

Anonymous said...

Even though I can only imagine the discomfort you are in, just keep thinking about the 3 wonderful little girls waiting to be brought into the world. The lord has truly blessed you and Thad. I will continue to keep you in my prayers.
Love Ya
Catrina

Anonymous said...

Michelle, You are doing such a great job taking care of those little girls! Keep up the good work, Mama!! : )

Take care and God bless!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker